i've been in NYC for um, i think about 3 weeks now and still suffering from bouts of insomnia. i never let my self adjust to the time change and I'm usually prone to sleepless nights when i don't have a reason to wake up early in the morning. I'm trying this new thing where i plan out the next days activities and not leave everything to a whim, as i have been doing. it gives me motivation to wake up earlier and get started.
today, i left the house and decided i wanted to go to a museum. it was a warm Sunday in NYC and i knew big places like the Met would be crowded. I thought about going to the MoMA. i thought of Warhol. Matisse, Picasso, Van Gough. And then i thought of the $20 price tag and decided to save it for another day. I was reading an article about the Frick and the idea of beautiful European art, an indoor pool and a pretty garden sold me. I took the subway downtown, got off on 72nd and had a nice walk through the park. it was about an hour and a half before the museum closed and i was almost certain the door were already locked. i looked like a dummy trying to push and pull to no avail. a young woman came behind me and walked right in. oops. anyway,i made my way to the counter and handed the gentleman my credit card. $18 buckaroos. if i had gotten there earlier, i could have "paid what i wished" TEVS. anyway, despite the machine with a bunch of numbers in it connected to a phone line, they didn't accept credit cards, nor did they have an ATM. i wandered out feeling defeated. i walked for about 2 blocks looking for an ATM, when i just got flustered because i didn't want to pull cash out of that account and bla bla.
i decided I'd put the museum off for another day and make a calendar of NYC's museum free and discounted days.
i went back to the park and said hello to the white rabbit, watched people play on the great lawn, paid my condolences to John Lennon and ate a tuna sandwich under a tree.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment